Planning on whipping up somebut don’t have any on hand? Let come to your rescue!
This recipe can also be made raw for raw food eaters. Just soak the chickpeas over night and sprout for 2 days.
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas ( ), rinsed and drained or home made.
- 1 , peeled and chopped
- 2 smooth peanut butter (preferably unsweetened, but conventional is fine too)
- 2 tablespoons , plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts (optional, for serving)
- Pinch of smoked, hot paprika (optional, for serving)
Place the chickpeas, garlic, peanut butter, andin a and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil with processor running. If necessary, add water by the tablespoon in between pulses until the desired texture is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and sprinkle the chopped peanuts and then the paprika on top, if desired. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Serve with warm flatbread and vegetables.