Maple Cinnamon Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut, dried and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Place all ingredients except chopped pecans in the food processor.
2. Process until smooth.
3. Stir in the chopped pecans, by hand.
4. Place by teaspoon full onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 140 for the first 1/2 hour (don’t worry, the food temperature will never get above 116), reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate for 6 hours.
5. Remove from sheet onto screens. Continue to dehydrate for another 4-6 hours.
6. Top with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
1. Stir all ingredients together.
2. Let cool until the mixture just starts to thicken.
3. Spoon on top of cookies and let cool
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
*Maple Syrup is not raw but used frequently in raw food recipes.